If you are getting this error message after clicking 'Next' to submit your QuickBooks Desktop data, please check the following:
- As indicated, make sure you typed the correct username and password. These should be the username and password you use to open your data on QuickBooks, not your email address and password to access the DataShare portal. Please also note that the username and password are case-sensitive.
- Make sure that the file is not currently open on QuickBooks (on your machine or anyone else's at your firm).
- If using multi-user mode, all other users must be signed out of QuickBooks Desktop while uploading.
- If you have Admin access, you can check who is connected from QuickBooks: Click "Company" > "Users" > "View users" in the menu. Then ask all the other people who are logged in to log out, and close this company on your side as well.
- If you are remote logging into a server to access Quickbooks, then our application will need to be downloaded and run on that remote server. Our application will only look for the Quickbooks file within the machine it is downloaded to.
- If you are using the right credentials and have no one using the file, but still see this error screen, the issue could come from a "space" before .qbw in your file name.
Example: sample123 .qbw
- To correct this, browse your computer where your file is saved
- Right-click the file, and select rename
- Delete the space at the end of the file name
- Save it
- Open it on QuickBooks
- Once this is done, you can close it and launch the upload.
Please sign in to leave a comment.