The performance (time taken) for DataShare Connect to copy the required data from your accounting package is entirely dependent upon the end user accounting package environment and is influenced by the following factors;
- Type of accounting package being used
- Internal performance of the accounting package in response to external requests for data, this varies by accounting package vendor.
- Number of internal locations to be queried to locate the required data, this varies by accounting package vendor.
- Size and volume of data to be extracted
- The total number of periods available to be extracted, total number of vendors/suppliers, customers, transactions and so on that determines the overall size of the data to be extracted and the number of records within the extract.
- End user computing resources
- Availability of processing power, memory and network bandwidth to run the extraction activity and transmit the data.
For example, an accounting package with 2 years’ worth of data with a small number of suppliers, customers and transactions will extract and transmit more quickly than the same accounting package with 10 years’ worth of data that covers thousands of suppliers and customers with tens of thousands of transactions (assuming that the processing power and network bandwidth is the same during both uploads).