Before investigating any DataShare Connect error validate that the SME can access the data through their Accounting Package.
This is the best way to double check the SME is using the correct credentials and has the correct access permissions for the data they are trying to upload.
If the user is unable to access the data using the credentials in their possession then it follows that DataShare Connect will be unable to access the data using the same credentials.
For DataShare Connect to access Sage 200 UK data you will need to know;
- Your Sage 200 Accounting Package must has a valid licence file.
- You know which version of Sage 200 UK you wish to upload from (if you have multiple versions installed).
- You know the Company from which you wish to upload data.
Supported Versions of Sage 200 UK.
DataShare Connect supports versions of Sage 200 UK which are supported by the vendor. However there are versions which are supported by DataShare Connect that the vendor no longer provides support for. To check if your Sage 200 UK version is compatible click here.
If Sage 200 UK is not detected or the user running the upload has no permissions to access Sage 200 UK DataShare Connect will report "Accounting Package Not Found".
The exact error will be reported in the log file in the %appdata%\validis\logs folder.
This is the file that will be used by support to investigate and fix your issue. Visit this page for more information.
If DataShare Connect does not detect Sage 200 UK correctly.
If DataShare Connect does not detect Sage 200 UK correctly check;
- Check that the Sage 200 UK accounting package can be launched and has an active license.
- Make sure the Accounting.Financials.dll exists in the system. DataShare Connect will take this fallback strategy while searching for the dll path:
- Search within OS’s GAC folder (for .NET 4.0 this is %windir%\assembly folder)
- Search in a “hardcoded” (CurrentMachine hive) registry path where the dll path is more likely to be found ("SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Installer\\UserData\\S-1-5-18\\Components\\7AF369BD69B3C9E4E8BE20E728401E52")
- Search in all subkeys of the () (CurrentMachine hive) key
- Each of the above steps takes a longer time to execute than the previous step so the initial detection can feel like it is taking a long time. However once the path to the Accounting.Financials.dll is found it will be cached so the next time DataShare Connect launches on this desktop detection will be faster.
If the Accounting.Financials.dll is not found in any of the above steps but the accounting package runs correctly when launched by the user you will need to log a ticket with DataShare Support.
If the DataShare Connect extraction process is very slow.
If you find the DataShare Connect extraction process is running very slowly this is an indication that there is a problem with your Sage 200 UK licence activation. Check you have a valid licence file and it is recognised within Sage 200 UK.