Before investigating any DataShare Connect error validate that the SME can access the data through their Accounting Package.
This is the best way to double check the SME is using the correct credentials and has the correct access permissions for the data they are trying to upload.
If the user is unable to access the data using the credentials in their possession then it follows that DataShare connect will be unable to access the data using the same credentials.
For DataShare Connect to access Sage 50 US (Peachtree) you will need to know;
- You are online and connected to the internet.
- You have a working Accounting Package and you are able to access the data you wish to upload within the Accounting Package.
- You know the Company Name you want to upload data from.
Supported Versions of Sage 50 US (Peachtree).
DataShare Connect supports versions of Sage 50 US (Peachtree) which are supported by the vendor. However there are versions which are supported by DataShare Connect that the vendor no longer provides support for. To check if your Sage 50 US (Peachtree) version is compatible click here.
Any errors will be reported in the log file in the %appdata%\validis\logs folder.
This is the file that will be used by support to investigate and fix your issue. Visit this page for more information.
If DataShare Connect does not detect Sage 50 US (Peachtree) correctly.
- Ensure you can open Sage 50 US (Peachtree) and load the company file (it’s important to load the company file in the accounting package at least once before attempting to upload data using DataShare Connect);
- Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Peachtree\Version\25\Open History\ registry key. It must contain a subkey for each version installed.