To upload data to DataShare you need to be invited to join a DataShare Engagement and you must have access to the data you wish to upload.
You will receive an email inviting you to join a DataShare Engagement. You must accept the invitation and complete the DataShare signup process before trying to upload data.
Once you are part of a DataShare Engagement you can can start to upload data but before you do so please check that;
- You have permissions to install software on your desktop machine. (DataShare Connect requires a temporary install).
- Your machine has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above installed - Microsoft .NET Framework (Runtime) can be downloaded from the following link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download If you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above installed on your machine you may get prompted to upgrade.
- Your accounting package is correctly installed and has a valid licence file.
- You can access the data you wish to upload in the accounting package.
- You must open the company data file at least once.
- You must have "read access" to the company data.
- There are no errors reported in your accounting package when viewing the company data.
- You know the username and password for the company file or for the database where the company data resides.
- The accounting package you are using is compatible with DataShare.
DataShare will use your local accounting package to determine which data is available to upload and may utilize some components of the accounting package to enable access to that data. If your package is not installed correctly or you do not know the usernames and passwords for the company data file DataShare will be unable to access it.
When your company data is stored in a separate SQL Database (Sage 200, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics Navision or similar) you must have access to read the data from that database.
Similarly, when your accounting package is installed on a Virtual or separate machine (Sage 50, QuickBooks Desktop or similar) you must have both a browser installed and an internet connection to complete a successful upload using DataShare.
Take a look at the step by step guides to uploading your accounting data using DataShare Connect to determine the individual credentials required for each accounting package.